Image Map

Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Tell All Tuesday- My Teacher Bucket List


It feels like this last week has FLOWN by-I can't believe it is already Tuesday again and time to link back up for another week of Tell All Tuesday! I am so excited for this week's topic- i love getting to share my goals with you and I can't wait to read through everyone else's bucket lists as well!
~Go back to school and get my Master's Degree: I would LOVE to go back to school and get a higher degree! I've look at reading specialty programs and I think that would definitely be the most engaging program for me. With a little one on the way I know it will probably be a while before I get to pursue this goal, but hopefully in a few years I will be in a place where I will have both the time and money to make it happen! 

~Continue to work on growing my school's STEM program: My school is just getting the ball rolling with STEM and I am really pumped about it. I have been to a couple of conferences this summer already to learn more about growing and implementing STEM in the classroom (both of which I've been meaning to blog about and haven't gotten around to-oops!). I am on my school's STEM committee and I am looking forward to helping other teachers in my school learn more about the benefits of integrating STEM activities into our curriculum. For those of you who don't know a whole lot about STEM, be on the lookout for a big post I'm working on about a new STEM pack that might help you get started as well! I'm planning on including some great project ideas and a freebie as well! 

~Grow my TpT Store: I am still new to both the blogging world and TpT world and I can't wait to watch my store grow (hopefully!). I would love to get to a place where my store will help me provide my students with more resources and activities (by giving me more income to put into my classroom), as well as providing me with additional income for me to pay my way through grad school without loans! I know that it is a big big dream for me just starting out, and even to me it seems like a lot to hope for, but it's on my bucket list nonetheless!

~Have a community of blogging buddies to collaborate with: One of the biggest reasons why I wanted to start this blog was from seeing all of the connections and relationships that blogging can bring. I work in an old school in a tiny town and it has been really hard for me to find anyone to really share my passion for teaching and creating and blogging with. I wanted to write so that I could have an outlet and feel connected to other teachers who have the same passions. This past year I have seen so many teachers just counting down the days until they can "get out" and heard so much negativity about this profession that I truly love and I NEEDED a place to come to where I could be excited about teaching and surround myself with others who still find joy in it as well. All that to say this-wanna be friends?! :) 

Thanks for hopping over- be sure to link up and share your bucket list too! 

No comments:

Post a Comment