Image Map

Monday, August 31, 2015

Bloghoppin' Linky-Five Fun Facts!

I am so glad that Bloghoppin' is having a fun week of link-ups this week! I needed the motivation to jump back into blogging after a long few first weeks of school got me out of the routine of blogging! I can't wait to read everyone's fun facts! I hope you enjoy mine :) 


If you've been following along on my blog over the summer then you might already know this, but I am expecting a sweet baby boy this December! We had fun this weekend starting the process of turning my office into a nursery! My sister came to visit for the day and (after finding new places to put all of our office furniture) we got the walls painted! We are doing a nautical theme and I can't wait to decorate! This anchor from Hobby Lobby is my favorite of the decorations we've collected so far! :) 

I have a wild pup and crazy cat that both drive me insane half of the time, but I love them!! They provide us with plenty of laughs and sweet cuddles. 



I have a bit of an obsession with dinosaurs. I'm not sure exactly when it began, but I think it might have had to do with watching The Land Before TIme and Jurassic Park a million times when I was younger. When I was a freshman in college I had the opportunity to participate in the Disney College Program and was lucky enough to get a job in Dinoland, U.S.A. in Animal Kingdom! My love for dinos has now made it's way into my classroom as well (and obviously my blogging life!) 
 



I have been incredibly blessed to have many opportunities to travel the world. I fell in love with visiting Kenya after a mission trip in college and after a few more visits I decided to go on a longer trip after I graduated college. I lived in a small village for a few months and was able to teach for a while in a Kenyan preschool! There are so many little ones that I love with big pieces of my heart. My time in Kenya acts as a constant reminder to me  to remember how incredibly blessed and privileged I am and to be thankful for the comforts that I have! If you want to read more about my time in Kenya, you can visit my blog journal that I kept while I was there! 



I love first grade!!! This might be an obviously one, but it is such a huge part of my life! I fell in love with first grade during my student teaching and I am so glad I get to be a first grade teacher! I have had so much fun getting started blogging and on TPT and absolutely love creating new things for my kiddos. I have an inclusion group this year and we have been working really hard these first couple of weeks on drilling our sight words! It has been so fun to see how much they enjoy some of the resources that I created for them and it thrills my teacher heart to see the growth that they have already made! Today I received a note from a parent telling me that her son tells her every night how excited he is about sight words! Here are some of our favorite sight word centers/games :) 





Thanks for checking out my fun facts! Be sure to come back and visit later on in the week for more Bloghoppin' fun! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment