Image Map

Saturday, August 29, 2015

Back to School Blues

Can I be honest with you for a minute?

This girl is EXHAUSTED!
Back to School has hit me so hard this year and I found myself sad because I miss sleeping in and working on TPT units and relaxing with my hubby and I'm ashamed to even say it, but I really really miss NETFLIX.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE having new little ones to teach and I love planning new lessons and learning about my class and there were plenty of things that I missed over the summer (GONOODLE!), but I found myself halfway through the week last week just sad and missing summer. It doesn't help that I was sick all week and too stubborn to go to the doctor. Finally on Thursday I was so miserable that I couldn't take it anymore. So I went to the doctor and found out I have a sinus infection and strep and I just thought "Awesome, welcome back to school!"

Yesterday I took the day off to recover and (of course) as I was sitting at home all I could think was "I wonder how my kiddos are doing." And I missed them! And then I realized that the reason I was sad wasn't really because we were back at school, it was because I was forgetting that I needed to find my balance for the year.

I was burning myself out fast, staying at school late every night and taking home even more to do and not sleeping enough or eating enough or relaxing with my husband enough. I admit that finding balance is something I have never been great at because I am, by nature, an OCD overachiever. So here is my question to all of you out there in the teacher blogging/TPT/teacher mommy real world--How do YOU conquer the back to school blues and find balance?!

Help a girl out?

No comments:

Post a Comment