Image Map

Thursday, July 23, 2015

Back to School Reading Surveys

This summer I have been reading through The Book Whisperer by Donalyn Miller. If you haven't read it, I definitely recommend it! There are a lot of really great topics that Ms. Miller shines a light on in regard to reading.
One thing that really stuck with me in my reading was Ms. Miller's encouragement to use reading surveys at the beginning of the year to find out the interests and reading habits of each of your students.
I wanted to create a simple, yet effective reading survey to use with my little ones at the beginning of the year. I'm excited about learning their interests and pairing them with books that they will enjoy. I think it is incredibly important for students to find books that are interesting to them so that they will want to pick them up and read!
I can't wait to use these reading surveys in the first week or two of school so that I can really get to know my students as readers!
If you would like your own copy of reading interest surveys for beginning readers, check them out here! As a part of celebrating hitting my 100 followers milestone on TPT, I'm making this survey pack a forever FREEBIE!! :)

Enjoy!


Back to School Reading Surveys for beginning readers

No comments:

Post a Comment